Across the world, nearly 25.4 million refugees have fled their homes because of conflict and other disasters. Over half are children and young people under 18. But behind the numbers, every refugee has their own story.
The British Red Cross is the only organisation supporting refugees, people seeking asylum and vulnerable migrants at every point of their journey. We:
- Reunite loved ones who have been torn apart
- Reduce destitution and exploitation by providing basic assistance such as food, water, cash and clothing
- Provide protection through shelters, offering legal advice and anti-trafficking programmes
- Support integration and social inclusion, for example through language lessons, buddy programmes, education and volunteering opportunities
- Empower others to use their voice to enable people on the move to access basic support and protection
- Care and support to survivors of trafficking through our specialist anti-trafficking officers in select UK locations, who can offer complex support